Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

WD6 Nav Bar bug when using iPod/iPhone? Web Designer 6

I have checked a number of sites that are written in WD6 and they all show this problem/feature when running in Safari on iPod or iPhone (fine in Safari on MAC/PC).

In order to navigate to a page using the Nav Bar buttons, you have to click the buttons TWICE. Anyone else noticed this and is there a workaround? Potentially a big issue as users may click a button, get no response and assume button/site/server not working and just exit.

Thanks!

Default Re: Nav Bar bug when using iPod/iPhone? Web Designer 6

Welcome to TalkGraphics

This happens with the iPad as well. You are tapping and not clicking with a mouse. So things that would take a single click require two taps.

Thanks for the reply. I thought it would be the same on iPad but don't have one so couldn't verify.

Things that would take a single click do NOT require two taps on non-Xara-generated website Nav Bars, nor do they require two taps on (for example) links on pages that have been Xara generated. In other words, this problem is specific to Xara and specific to Nav Bar buttons.

Just thought I'd update on this having discussed with Xara Suport. On touch-operated devices only: Xara requires the first touch to operate any 'mouseover' effects (usually a button highlight, change of colour etc) and the second touch to operate the 'mousedown' effects (the actual navigation to a new page). Therefore, if you want one touch operation, the only answer is to REMOVE mouseover effects from the button. I have done this (no great loss really) and now works fine.

Thanks for sourcing the info. Very handy to know. I'll have some editting to do.

Cheers,

Jim

Excellent! Thanks A LOT for that info.
    I'm currently removing the mouseover from my button navbar...
    I was wondering whether my iPad was at fault.