Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Mac?

Default Mac?

What's happening with a Mac version? Anything.

Love the software but hate having to use Windows.

Default Re: Mac?

Welcome to TalkGraphics jamsk

Probably not going to be a Mac version.

Xara's primary market is Windows users. And they feel that Mac users can use Xara using a Windows environment.

I am not certain but I think the Mac version went into a deep sleep when Xara was acquired by Magix. But don't quote me on that. It is just a guess.

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    Welcome to TalkGraphics jamsk

Probably not going to be a Mac version.

Xara's primary market is Windows users. And they feel that Mac users can use Xara using a Windows environment.

I am not certain but I think the Mac version went into a deep sleep when Xara was acquired by Magix. But don't quote me on that. It is just a guess.
    lol and their magix moveedit pro sucks, everytiome i buy the complete release they release a new one 3 months later for full price. Its like i am doing 69 a year to keep up lol. and now my PCV wonty run the xara stuff (awesome graphix programs though)

Maybe someday disaster, they will all be compatible (I think I said that 20 years ago). I'm still hanging on to my PCXP because I know when I upgrade I'll have to replace most of my software.

About 3 years ago I bought a iMac (OS X 10.6.6 now). Mac is a great OS but repacing some of my favorite software is too expensive.
    So, I installed Ubuntu on Virtual Box then installed the open source version, XaraLX, on Ubuntu. But, along came Xara Designer Pro 6 which, to say the lease, is vastly superior to XaraLX! I finally gave in & installed Win XP on BootCamp, then upgraded XP Home 32-bit to Win 7 64-bit; all for Xara Designer Pro 6 & Sony Vegas 10. This is the best of both worlds.

Quote Originally Posted by gray View Post
    Maybe someday disaster, they will all be compatible (I think I said that 20 years ago). I'm still hanging on to my PCXP because I know when I upgrade I'll have to replace most of my software.
    lol... same here... though I'm thinking of doing win7 premium (compatability mode) but Xp is just fine for now
    My Humble Studio is here: SciRPG Studio