Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Message: The object you have created has been added to a layer that is locked or invi

Message: The object you have created has been added to a layer that is locked or invisible.

Am I right in thinking I should generally work in the MouseOff layer?
    When I start up Xara, it often is on the Page background layer and dropping objects on the page seems to generate above message.

Default Re: Message: The object you have created has been added to a layer that is locked or

Yes, generally speaking the MouseOff layer is the layer you will add objects to.

This layer is displayed all the time. If you insert the main content of your site on the Page background layer they may not be displayed, or may not be displayed correctly.

Default Re: Message: The object you have created has been added to a layer that is locked or

You will also get this message if you try to paste onto a layer that is invisible and/or locked.

There have been numerous requests for some way to identify the current layer. Maybe someday soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Pegasus View Post
    When I start up Xara, it often is on the Page background layer and dropping objects on the page seems to generate above message.
    Templates don't have a locked background layer in xara unless you create one. Dragging a color to the page will create one.
    You must have created and saved a new custom template with a page background layer and which was selected as the current layer when you saved it as the new custom template.

There have been numerous requests for some way to identify the current layer.
    Current layers are identified with a blue pointer in the layer gallery.

I think I don't quite understand layers.
    I believe I should have:
    Background, which should only contain the blank page and shadow.
    MouseOff which is all foreground work.
    MouseOver which is for buttons (different colour when pressed)

Don't know what I have done to get picture below.

Also lost the Mouseover colours for some buttons - no clue how I did that!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Layers.jpg 
Views:	153 
Size:	69.3 KB 
ID:	78353  

Quote Originally Posted by Pegasus View Post
    I believe I should have:
    Background, which should only contain the blank page and shadow.
    Only necessary if you want anything but white or want a dropshadow for a white page (drag white to the page)
    By default this layer is not present in Xara page templates.