Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Locking Header

Default Locking Header

I tried to research this issue on this forum but didn't find anything that would help me. If I missed it, I apologize in advance.

My issues is I would like the header of each page to be the same without loading each time a new page is accessed. Some websites have headers that stay in place and the body of the page is the only thing that changes. Can this technique be applied using XWD?

Thank you in advance for your help.
    Preview Website: http://mysoulradio.com
    Note: This site is currently using godaddy free hosting until site is completed. The header I would like to lock starts at MySoulRadio logo and ends at the bottom of the radio tuner.
    Last edited by Solar; 12 December 2010 at 02:08 AM. Reason: grammar

Default Re: Locking Header

Darn. I was sure I responded to this post yesterday. (the mind is such a terrible thing to waste, and mine is way wasted).

Welcome to TalkGraphics Solar. Excellent website, by the way.

You could always do a one page website and use an iframe in the center to display the content of the other pages. This would be a lot of work because you would have to link to a physical URL instead of linking to a specific page in your document. Here is a simple tutorial for creating an iframe.

Thank you Gary for your assistance.

I was sure that no one was going respond to the post, so I didn't check back. I'm going to take your advise. I know that it will take some time to complete but the result will be much better.

By the way, Thanks for the shout on the site.

A little french village east of Dallas, TX called Forney And now Austria and Germany too

Gary,

Why would you need to link to physical URLs?

Here is an example of me linking to pages in my xar file and placing them in the placeholder called bodybg.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	example.jpg 
Views:	166 
Size:	25.8 KB 
ID:	79326

Eric
    I'm never wrong. I thought I was wrong once but it turns out that I was mistaken.
    Web Templates. My Beginner Video Tutorials
    My Club. My Album.
    My Other Album. My Tutorial.