Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hybrid View

Default Re: Is there a way to change this to a vectored version? Frustrated...

Beautiful job there, James.
    Visiting/participating in TalkGraphics since i/us (’97).

James

That looks really nice but is the glow vector? If you applied it with the Shadow Tool > Glow then the glow is a bitmap.

Thanks James!

Here's another slightly different version...just goofin'...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SlightlyDiff.jpg 
Views:	88 
Size:	38.1 KB 
ID:	78321

My point (before) was only that converting something complex with vector tracing will generally never look as well printed as an "original"... and with a great program like Designer Pro 6, something cool is never too far away!

James

Hello Gary,

Which glow? The soft-lighting around the lightning was a simple vector shape, but with gaussian blur... so it is bitmapped, I believe, due to the Live Effect...

If it's saved out at 16 megapixel, there shouldn't be any problems in printing at any of the "normal" sizes. Is this correct, Gary?

James
    Last edited by ODdOnLifeItself; 11 December 2010 at 01:27 PM.

Actually, a live effect is more vector than bitmap as it can be resized and the effect redraws. It is kind of a hybrid. Canvas--I'm not sure if that product is even still around, used to call these sprite effects. And yes, if you save it at a high enough resolution it can work at virtually any size.

Today, for a birthday present for a friend, I had to print an A3 poster from a relatively small (400px width) graphic that my friend liked so very much.

Since I had the original master file, it was short work to make it plenty large enough to fill A3 sizing. It looked crisp!

Thanks for the info regarding Live Effects. That's the way that I understood it. It might be a small graphic NOW, but when resized, the Live Effect is recreated and so working from the new resolution.

Any comments about effect rendering resolutions? I assume that, if it's aimed for the web, more than 96 wouldn't be needed, since it won't really be seen.

Peace

James