Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Is there a way to change this to a vectored version? Frustrated...

I designed this in PhotoShop and need it vectored. I have attemped in Corel Draw X4 and Illustrator CS4 and it does not look like my PhotoShop version. Is there a process in Xara P&GD to get this same look in a vectored format?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	lightning.jpg 
Views:	107 
Size:	40.4 KB 
ID:	78305  

Default Re: Is there a way to change this to a vectored version? Frustrated...

Hi,
    you could use Fractal clouds fill changing the various colors to that of the image, then use pen tool to draw the lightning, depending how proficient you are with Xara.
    JimM

What is the point of vectorising an image like that? Is it just to make it bigger?

clarity. I want it perfect the size of a business card or a banner without loosing quality.
    Please visit my website at: http://www.jenerationz.com

You would have to do this using blends and or contours. I think you could come pretty close.

This tutorial may give you some ideas. http://www.xaraxone.com/tutorials/dec03/index.html

I was curious how Vector Magic would handle this, so I gave it a shot. I set it to 'high quality photograph' and it took just a few seconds. It's good, though there are very thin lines visible between each color. It might be okay when reduced.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Visiting/participating in TalkGraphics since i/us (’97).

@ James: To minimise the effect of the lines produced by Vector Magic, select the result in Xara and tap the Ctrl + K combination 5 or 6 times and group them all. The lines are still visible, but far less so.
    Saludos,
    Bob.
    ** Detailed "Create A Spinning Logo Tutorial" is available in .pdf format for download at this link **
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx.

Hello

Rather than jump through hoops to try and mimic the Photoshop graphic, I would just start afresh in DesignerPro6...

The following is a **START** and just took 5 to 10 minutes...

...and, when you're done, you could print it on a business card OR A2 poster and still look "pristine".

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FromDesignerPro6.png 
Views:	95 
Size:	221.2 KB 
ID:	78317

Take care,

James

Quote Originally Posted by iamtheblues View Post
    @ James: To minimise the effect of the lines produced by Vector Magic, select the result in Xara and tap the Ctrl + K combination 5 or 6 times and group them all. The lines are still visible, but far less so.
    Saludos,
    Bob.
    Saludos Bob - that is much better. I've still a lot to learn in Xara, after all these years.

I've attached the Xara file X-Newbie, but if you need the pdf file PM me and I'll email it to you.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Beautiful job there, James.