Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Flash file works fine in preview but not on page

Hi Folks, I have read every post in this forum pertaining to flash animations, and have watched countless videos on both Xara and You Tube and can not find an answer so I hope someone can help. I have spent HOURS trying to find the answer, so please don't suggest that I search the forums, blah, blah, blah. I have already done so. Here's my problem.

I created a small, 8 frame animation that displays fine in the preview. But when I add the flash file to the site and upload it, the flash file displays like a JPG with no animation.
    I have tried:
    1. Dragging and dropping the file to the page - Flash doesn't animate.
    2. Created a placeholder, then REPLACE WITH FLASH - Flash doesn't animate
    3. Cut and paste the code from the preview, changing the name in the code (2 places) with my intro.swf file name - Flash doesn't animate.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Default Re: Flash file works fine in preview but not on page

The attached Flash file looks like a JPEG as well. What is it supposed to do?

The last thing you need to check is have you placed the swf file on the bottom layer (Layer 1 in Designer or MouseOff Layer in WD6).

The picture of downtown fades in, then Jay fades in, then the name comes in, and then the "mediation & arbitration" comes in. All fading in and moving into position. Does it appear as though I've not created the animation correctly? But in the animation preview everything is smoothly animated. Once I created the animation I hit EXPORT and saved it as a flash file. Is that correct?

Export animation - not just export
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	expani.jpg 
Views:	86 
Size:	21.1 KB 
ID:	78307  
    JOHN -XaReg (FB) XaReg (DB - ignore prompt to register)
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64

Quote Originally Posted by neodeist View Post
    Export animation - not just export
    That did it. THANK YOU SO MUCH! And Now I see there is an "Export Animated Flash" button on the toolbar. I was hitting Alt-F (File) then Export. Can't begin to express my appreciation for this forum!