Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hide a page

xdp6 Hide a page

Hi, I'm a new member.
    I'm working on my website and I would like to know how to hide pages,

Default Re: Hide a page

You can't hide a page in the Page & Layer gallery, only layers of a page.

Can you can say why you want to do this anyway?

If you mean to publish it but not make it available to users then simply do not link to it anywhere on the site.
    Flawless Form. Faultless Function. Crafted by Cloud

https://www.cloudwebagency.co.uk

Welcome to TalkGraphics

I have the same question. Do you want to hide the page? Or do you want the page to be password protected?

I realy want to hide the page so that when people will visit my site they won't be able to see that specific page.

Hi niñorico,

Does every page have to be linked to the main site? If not, you could have no links to it from the main site, so nobody will see a link there. The second thing would be to add some instructions in the coding to stop spiders indexing the page. Search engines will index the page otherwise, making it visible to anyone.

A common code to put in webpages was this:

<META NAME="ROBOTS" CONTENT="NOINDEX">

But times have changed and others here might know more about this. You can see more about this subject here:

http://www.antezeta.com/blog/avoid-s...ngine-indexing
    Visiting/participating in TalkGraphics since i/us (’97).

May I ask what is on the page that you do not want people to see? Is this a private page that only people can see if you send them a link?

If so, then James's suggestion is the way to go.

Create a rectangle any size, and copy James's meta name text to the clipboard.

With the new rectangle selected, open the Website Properties menu, and select the Placeholder tab. Paste the script into the Replace with HTML Code window. Press Apply.

Select the yellow name tag icon on the Infobar and name your placeholder rectangle <head>. Use lowercase and enclose the text in the angle brackets <>/ Press Add.

Place this placeholder on any page that you do not want visible to search engines. It has to be on the page. It will not be visible but will place the script into the HTML code for the page.

And do not link to this page or pages from within the visible website.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	no-content.png 
Views:	122 
Size:	59.0 KB 
ID:	78383  

Thanks James

I have 9 pages in my website HOME/ABOUT US/SERVICES/CONTACT US/INFORMATION/EMPLOYMENT/FREE QUOTE/RESIDENTIAL/DAY CARE CENTERS.
    This site is for a cleaning company. On the CONTACT US page I want to add three buttons that will link you to this three pages INFORMATION/EMPLOYMENT/FREE QUOTE.
    In the navigation bar I do not want people to see these three pages, what i would have in each of these pages is a form that people can fill-up

Ah, got it.

If you are using a Navigation Bar created with the Navigation Bar Tool, just double click on the Nav bar to open the Navigation Bar Properties window.

Select a page you want hidden, and press Delete. Repeat for your other pages.

The pages are still there and you can link to them from the Contact Us page with text links, or even a custom button bar.

You can add and delete buttons from a Navigation Bar. And you can add buttons for pages not on your website or for things like send email.