Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Making the references to "/index_htm_files" absolute URLs

I am putting a page within a page, but would rather not use an iFrame due to issues with the framing page.

If I put the exported xara HTML into the page, I need to be able to reference the "/index_htm_files" folder as an absolute URL. Currently, the references are all relative.

Is there a way to make the references absolute so I can store the "/index_htm_files" folder on a separate server and pull them into the page?

Default Re: Making the references to "/index_htm_files" absolute URLs

Not sure I can figure out what this would gain you? Except a lot more work.

I work for a TV station's website. The site is built with a CMS that allows us to insert custom HTML. It is far easier and better looking to use Xara as the design program than the CMS tho. But the CMS tends to be 'iffy' with iFrames, so I am trying to avoid them.

Working with the CMS also prevents me from uploading the reference files into the root directory.

If I can paste the HTML into the CMS, and make the reference URL's absolute, then I can host the index_htm_files folder in another directory on the server and have the exported Xara HTML display correctly.

I think that you are going to struggle to get this to work. You would be better off trying to come to terms with HTML design rather than try and build a hybrid that nobody else will understand besides you (and risk a good slap across the wrists by any passing web designer).

Invest time in understanding HTML, perhaps using Xara design graphics than attempt to integrate Xara generated HTML. It will be better and safer for your career.