Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Pop out Youtube video

Hi

Not sure if you will be able to help but with out asking....

I saw this on a web site http://www.androidcentral.com/nexus-s-video-gallery

And when you click on a video you get a pop out and the youtube vid plays.

I have pictures doing that in my design and what to do it using video. Is it possible?

I'm using Web Designer 6

Default Re: Pop out Youtube video

I have used pop up layers with the video on the pop up layer with a lock layer + close button - and works fab. To see how to do it see here http://board.xara-users.info/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1005

TimBox

Create a pop-up layer. Add your video placeholder to the pop-up layer.

Link from the Mouseoff layer to your pop-up layer.

Alternatively, more of a lightbox type example
    JOHN -XaReg (FB) XaReg (DB - ignore prompt to register)
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64

Cheers for that, I love the support here.

I think I will try and implement the light box version. It looks exactly what I need. But I know I can revert back to the pop layer if I cannot make it work.

When someone goes on YouTube looking for videos they usually type keywords into the search bar. If your video has keywords that match what the person is looking for your video will pop up. Because of this it's important to use keywords in as many places as possible. From the article title, to the keyword tags, to the description and even in your username. Using keywords is the number one thing you can do to get more views on YouTube.

Youtube Videos

This seems to be asked quite a bit, so I've made a video this morning showing how it's possible to do this in Xara using popup layers (as people have mentioned above). Hope it helps someone.

As additional help - all grist to the mill
    JOHN -XaReg (FB) XaReg (DB - ignore prompt to register)
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64

As always xhris fab easy to follow vid just out of interest, not sure if i was seeing things, have you got a tweak to do with the red target that appears on the click as you do not seem to have to press 'apply' you seem to only press ok in this video and a previous one or is your mouse clicking too fast for the old dog?

Scruffy

Hi. I'm not sure whereabouts in particular you're referring to in the video, but all mouse clicks are highlighted with red circles (or blue for right click) during recording. Apply is the same as OK, but the dialogue remains. I may have used Alt+A for apply as well, but I try to avoid keyboard shortcuts in videos these days (but sometimes I forget in the moment while recording).