Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Auto update

Default Auto update

HI

I am familiar with updating repeating objects but my query is this :

I place an image or text etc on page 1 (index) - when I make changes to this - is it possible for these changes to automatically replicate on all pages?

Thanks in advance

lesley

Default Re: Auto update

yes they update but not without you telling xara to do so - Select the object/text. Go to tool bar> arrange>repeat on all pages. Then when changes are made just select and click the 'update all repeating objects' one line below 'repeat on all pages' and all will cascade to all pages.

scruffy

Welcome to TalkGraphics Lesley

In addition you can also select Arrange > Stop Repeating (I hear this a lot from my wife), and specify one instance or all instances.

Thanks guys - makes sense, much appreciated.

one mor ething - is there any way to only update certain repeating objects - or do you need to repeat everything? The reason I ask is that When I click update all, on the pages that are longer in length, the boxes appear further down the page which is ever so annoying

Thanks

Lesley

I think when you update repeating objects it just updates the repeating objects that are on the currently selected page. If the objects are closer to the top they will use the distance from the top as a referance and if they are closer to the bottom they will use the distance from the bottom. It's probably best to modify and update repeating objects on your longest page or create a really long dummy page for changing/updating repeating objects.

That worked a treat - thanks