Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thumbs up How to import .swf into WD6

Hello
    I just cant find the way to import a flash file into WD6. Ive read its supposed to be just drag and drop, but it doesn't seem to work for me..
    When i drag the flash file into WD6.. i just get this object saying <![endif]-->
    preview shows just the same thing <![endif]-->
    ..something im missing here ?

thx

Default Re: How to import .swf into WD6

If you have made the .swf in another programme with a player i.e stop and go buttons the drag and drop does not seem to work. I have have lots of problems with this using wondershare. If this is so remake it without the player controls and drag and drop should be ok or
    make a rectangle (called the placeholder) the size of the player you want. rt click >click webproperties>click placeholder tab>click radio button replace with flash. Then browse to find the file on your computer. when its found click the 'open' command then APPLY and ok then click the preview button (eye and paper icon near to the chain). It should appear in preview. If it was made in another programme make sure the size it is made in is the same size as the rectangle or it wont display...on occasion i have had to make the placeholder a bit bigger by trial and error i.e make it bigger x,y axis by 1-5 pixels and review it then displays.

Welcome to TalkGraphics naken

Placeholder is probably the best solution as Mr. Dog suggests. It you need help with placeholders, do a search in Help > Index section for Placeholder Objects.

Ok thanks alot.. will try the options out
    cheers