Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

WD6 Your opinion wanted - please

I have just about got my web site up and running allthough I still need to figure out how to do an html auto responder for one of the email address.

1. When my site starts it plays the video automatically - do you think this is good idea?

2. I have the video volume set to 80% is this to high or to low?

http://www.smartwolf.co.uk/

Thanks for you help

Chris

Default Re: Your opinion wanted - please

Before I looked I was going to suggest that the volume was 80% too high (I'm not a fan of music on most websites), but I would say after visiting - nice job. Volume was good for me. I'd also normally suggest that the video plays on click, but since video is the core of your operation, I think it's good to have it run straight off.

Generally a very nice job, however some niggles.

When the opening video stops, you leave a still of that poor girl in a very unflattering position. I would change it. Her colour is very odd. She's not completely B&W but she is so washed out that she looks a bit ill.

Hayley sure talks fast and I think some people will struggle to keep up with her. The orange is a bit too strong for me. I hate the image of the guy after Hayley finishes. It looks like he's just talked her into a date - seems completely out of place. I know you want to represent video on the iPhone, but in reality the video is a little misleading - the viewable screen is smalller than you suggest with the overlaid video.

Despite my niggles, you've done a killer job.

Paul

Nicely designed site.

one subjective comment - change the color of the video control bar so the control buttons are easier to see.

I found the video volume acceptable and think its a good idea the video plays automatically.

I agree with bb2
    If someone tried to make me dig my own grave I would say No.
    They're going to kill me anyway and I'd love to die the way I lived:
    Avoiding Manual Labour.

I'm not sure I understand "Video is not just here, it’s here for good for our customers we create"!

Nice site.

I find the video starting up straight away annoying, and usually turn off webpages that do that, immediately. After all, would you rather turn your TV on when you were ready, or have it start blaring at you each time you walked into the living room?

Online News sites are also in the business of playing videos, but they nearly always give you the option.
    Visiting/participating in TalkGraphics since i/us (’97).

Totally agree with James Allen. If a site starts playing music or has some loud voice yelling at me, I bail. Immediately. Even if there is content I want to see. I just find it too intrusive.

Curious as to how you setup your video to integrate with the page so nicely. I have added a video to a site that I am working on, but it appears as a media player box with the clunky slider bar underneath it. If I could change it to look similar to what you did with this it would make me very happy!

Hi Aussie

You can use various players, this code uses QuickTime. The code should be put in a placeholder on your page - Web Properties/Placeholder/Replace with html code

<OBJECT classid='clsid:02BF25D5-8C17-4B23-BC80-D3488ABDDC6B' width="640"
    height="480" codebase='http://www.apple.com/qtactivex/qtplugin.cab'>
    <param name='src' value="URL TO .MP4 / .MOV">
    <param name='autoplay' value="true">
    <param name='controller' value="FALSE">
    <param name='loop' value="true">
    <EMBED src="URL TO .MP4 / .MOV" width="640" height="480" autoplay="true"
    controller="FALSE" loop="true" pluginspage='http://www.apple.com/quicktime/download/'>
    </EMBED>
    </OBJECT>

You can alternatively make a second placeholder on the pasteboard [the grey area] and in Link to file link to your video stored locally. Then add index_htm_files/YOUR VIDEO.mp4 to the placeholder code as the source.
    Last edited by zaphodeist; 13 December 2010 at 06:53 AM. Reason: Removed amiguities
    JOHN -XaReg (FB) XaReg (DB - ignore prompt to register)
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64

I have been using socusoft web video player