Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Your opinion wanted - please

Thank you for sharing that - I will have a play with it as soon as I get some spare time. I still get amazed at how much Xara Webdesigner can do in the hands of creative people - I am building a website for our club at the moment and it has consumed an enormous amount of my spare time and the learning curve has been substantial. Inspirational to see others efforts - I was thinking that I would have to learn Dreamweaver in order to get something decent and I really wasn't looking forward to that learning curve one bit. Being able to add video that integrates with the page will enhance my site and opens up the possibility of adding more video in the appropriate places.

Tried Socusoft but their instructions assume either that I have way more knowledge about HTML etc or that I am actually way smarter than I look. I have the .flv file and put the output folders into the website folder structure, created a placeholder and tried a few different options for linking to the video but no success.

That code I posted above only works with .mp4 or .mov. Perhaps if you converted the flv with Format Factoryand loaded it then?
    JOHN -XaReg (FB) XaReg (DB - ignore prompt to register)
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64

it took me a little bit to figure out, but socusoft published a number of files

1 open the html or faux file in notepad high light the object to object text http://www.web-video-player.com/supp...e-webpage.php- then control c (copy)
    2 in your web page wd6 create a place holder the same size as your video (make a box)
    3 go to web properties, then placeholder, then enter html and do control v (paste)
    4 copy the other objects created by socusoft (not the html files) and past them into the location you are saving your project to
    5 publish your project
    6 export your project
    7 go to your project file - click the index.html and you should be in business

if you want to put more video on your site - let me know and I will take you through creating mutliple video files using socusoft

my email address is catch@smartwolf.co.uk

Kind regards

Chris

PS if you dig deep