Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Problems with Xara 3d and Win 7 Pro....need help!

I got a new computer with Win 7 Pro installed....only to discover that most of the software I use to create websites will either not function well or not at all under Win 7 Pro! Xara 3d is one of my favorites as is MenuMaker, but sadly, I cannot get either program to work...3d will install, but when I try to open it, error comes up "Xara 3d has failed and no image can be displayed. Try undoing any recent changes you've made."! I've uninstalled and reinstalled 3 times and get the same error every time.
    I have clients waiting for their Xmas graphics that I add to their sites every year and I'm stuck!!
    MenuMaker will not work at all. Has anyone had problems with Win 7 Pro 64-bit and using any Xara programs? Corel PSP X2 or 3 will install, but not function properly as well. I'm really at a loss as to how to proceed.
    thanks for listening.

Default Re: Problems with Xara 3d and Win 7 Pro....need help!

Welcome to TalkGraphics Luckless Lady.

I am not sure if this will help, but right click on the program icon, then select Run as Administrator. If this works you have only to do it one time.

If not let us know and we will dig deeper.

Default Re: Problems with Xara 3d and Win 7 Pro....need help!

thank you for responding. Luckily, another member discovered the solution and posted it yesterday. billmauldin posted the answer I had been searching for these last 2 weeks! Joined this forum yesterday, solved my problem yesterday....doesn't get any better than that! I am reposting Bill's solution here for others as well. Thank you.
    1 Right click on My Computer and select Properties
    2 Select Advanced and click on the settings button below the subheading 'Performance'
    3 Select the Data Execution Protection Tab
    4 Select the Add button
    5 Browse to the Xara 3D installation folder and double click on x3d.exe to add it to the list.
    btw, I didn't even have to restart....went straight to Xara and it popped right up ...beautiful!

(Also worked to correct MenuMaker!!