Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Can anyone help, please - Files being added to my site that I don't want

Hi

I have posted a few times recently regarding slow ftp upload speeds etc.
    I have tried the suggested steps, clearing support file etc.

I have just created a new website, sent it to a new server and when I click publish using ftp, the video files and some others that I have on another site seem to be getting tansferred to this new domain.

Also, when I update the domain they are on, xara transfers them as though they are new everytime which causes a considerable delay (I have clicked the republish only changed files).

When I go into the newly created index_htm_files folder before publishing I can see the files in there that shouldn't be, if I remove them from this folder then click publish the ftp transfer is looking for the files and then stops the transfer.

I'm unsure how to identify why and how xara is pulling these files through everytime.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. This problem is causing me no end of hassle with the delays everyday. I'm at the point although I like the webdesigner I may have to get rid of it as the delay everytime I update (minimum 40 minutes) is causing many issues.

Thanks
    Darren

Default Re: Can anyone help, please - Files being added to my site that I don't want

In the publish tab of web properties are you sure you checked:
    Re-publish changed files only. This works well for me.
    Only other thing I can recommend besides deleting all the other video flies and there placeholders (if they have one) is to rename your file name and save it in another folder.
    I was born outside the box! - Aridzone
    WebDesignerTemplate