Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Help To Make This A 3D Spinning Logo

"Give a man a fish ... etc etc" There's another one here for you James
    JOHN -XaReg (FB) XaReg (DB - ignore prompt to register)
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64
    IP

I had a crack at it John, but it was too blurry. Maybe in a decade or two they'll have super intelligent trace programs that can handle it, but not now.
    Visiting/participating in TalkGraphics since i/us (’97).
    IP

nice one james - vector magic is a good solution technically
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by James Allen View Post
    Hi Techno,

Gary's right - it's best if you can get hold of the original vector files. Since I had a spare ten minutes I thought I would drop your bitmap into Vector Magic. The trace took about a minute, and tweaking in Xara another six or seven. I dropped that into Xara 3D and made an animation in a minute (for a white background). Files attached.
    Hi James,

See how you have to files in the .xar doc can you make the spinning one with the white 'h' and sort of green square or is that a different ball game altogether. I wish I could do this.

One other question - you can correct me if I'm wrong I take it that the top is the original and the bottom is the vector you created ?

What file is the vector EPS,SVG Or PDF ?

How do you export the vector across to xara 3d6 ?

I know you have done this with the green 'h' but was going to try and have a go but not sure how you export across. (Any hints or help how I go about this)

Once again you are a legend! thank you very much for your help "So Far"
    Last edited by Techno; 06 December 2010 at 06:30 PM.
    IP

Hi Techno,

I'm just working on a job, but I will address this in about an hour or so.

Cheers,

James
    IP

If you have Xara Xtreme, or any of the newer versions, copy the vector logo to the clipboard,

Open Xara 3D, Click Text (the Simple X icon on the left tool bar), open Text Operations (the Aa button). Select and delete the current text.

Click the Show/Hide cursor icon on top of the screen (a|b) and paste the vector logo into the window.
    IP

I also made a bitmap of the logo and applied it to the animation as a Texture. Because I cannot figure out how to make the %&^%$#@!!! animation play, click the image to see the animation.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	animation.gif 
Views:	192 
Size:	225.8 KB 
ID:	78259  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by gwpriester; 06 December 2010 at 09:26 PM.
    IP

Wow !!!!!!! This is exactly what I have been looking for fantastic I love the way the shadows & textures really stand out, absolute perfection I would love to be able to create something like this one day, But I did manage to create one for the disco company I work for which I use thru a clipbank in Virtual DJ

Attached Files for you to see but I knew the Font and just had a play about with xara 3d6 this is the first time I have actually got involved with the more complex stuff, But I am keen to learn more.

Thanks again for this.....
    IP

Thanks for that advice Gary.

Quote Originally Posted by Techno View Post
    Hi James,
    See how you have to files in the .xar doc can you make the spinning one with the white 'h' and sort of green square or is that a different ball game altogether.
    Now that you mention it I should have cut that top letter out of the square to begin with. I have attached the new animation and artwork.

I take it that the top is the original and the bottom is the vector you created ?
    The image was scanned in Vector Magic and tweaked, including the top and bottom. The original trace had some minor errors and I fixed these manually. For instance the background square was made up of parts – so I deleted those and put in my own square, and coloured it. Some of the shapes were not perfectly as they should be, so I moved some nodes around until they matched your bitmap.

What file is the vector EPS,SVG Or PDF ?
    Once I traced the file in Vector magic it was saved as a PDF, and imported into Xara.

How do you export the vector across to xara 3d6 ?
    In Xara you click on the vector file, ctrl/c to copy, and then paste (ctrl/v) in X3D6. It replaces whatever is there.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    IP

Well you could do it in xara itself to in the animation section, the you wouldn`t need xara 3D6 although
    it is quicker in xara 3D6 and you can export it as an AVI(why not in XXP5 and higher, or even lower) .
    And in XXP5 you can create some extra weird effects, like this one.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by ankhor; 07 December 2010 at 11:45 AM.
    be aware, not to become a ware.
    IP