Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Active X alert

Default Active X alert

Please, help needed. How can I go around active x warning alert in IE. If I don't accept the alert, the form does not show (coffeecup form builder). Secondly, the form does not show in firefox and safari. I know this is more of CoffeeCup issue, but I know there are experts who are using coffeecup form in their websites. Thanks all in advance.

Default Re: Active X alert

Welcome to TalkGraphics Charly

Does this happen when you preview your site? Or when it is posted on the web?

Also does part of the form script need to go in the HEAD section of your HTML document?

Thanks gwpriester, it does not happen with XWD6 "export and preview" feature, but it happens when I preview it in Internet Explorer from my local directory. I do not know if any part of form script should go to the HEAD section the HTML document, I just follow the general recommendation I found here - forum, to upload the files to the same location as the index file.

It's an IE thing - protecting you from yourself. Should be OK when uploaded though :-)
    JOHN -XaReg (FB) XaReg (DB - ignore prompt to register)
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64

Internet Explorer will always display that alert when viewing a page on the local hard drive, unless there is a "Mark of the Web" (motw) included in the HTML.

Please see the thread: http://www.talkgraphics.com/showthre...anced-features item #3 explains how to include motw when using Xara Web Designer 6 / Xara Designer Pro 6.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

A tweak to add avoiding messing with the registry :-)
    JOHN -XaReg (FB) XaReg (DB - ignore prompt to register)
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64