Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: monzilla moan

Default monzilla moan

I have just updated our village hall website and it runs great on IE and Chrome but on firefox for some reason the areas where I have used scrolling text in a placeholder (using html kindly supplied here) Firefox just dumps the whole text on the screen rather than scrolling it.

Do I have to add anything to the placeholder html to accommodate what appears to be a foible of firefox.

Cheers. (site http://www.cradleyvillagehall.org.uk/)

Default Re: monzilla moan

The scrolling text works fine (once you find it--bit of a challenge that!) in my version of Firefox.

Working fine on Firefox here too. The hall itself is lovely.

Thanks guys. I have firefox v5 and when you click the see button to start the scrolling text it just dumps a block of text which overflows off the page(depending on text in the placeholder)

Thanks Gary got to make them work for the information!!. Have essentially got it on test for the villagers at the moment and welcome all comments such as yours.

Pauland thanks, for looking as long as it works on everyone else's firefox then mine doesn't matter. Yes we are very lucky to have such a magnificent building and with it's own room full of computers etc for the use of those in the village that don't have access to one.Expensive to keep though. I use wd6 to do all of the village websites at the moment.

Posted in error
    Last edited by zaphodeist; 03 December 2010 at 07:42 PM.
    JOHN -XaReg (FB) XaReg (DB - ignore prompt to register)
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64

I was inspired to check out some other village hall websites. I quite liked the clean simple design here: http://www.awbridgevillagehall.com/ probably because it uses a reduced pastel colour pallette and a really clear and simple navigation. Of course the Cradley village hall building wins hands down.

It's good to know that village halls are so well supported.

Thanks for the observations. The use of bright colours was intentional to provide a contrast to the 16th century aspects of the building and to convey that we are not just a fusty old museum but a place for up to date use and activities. Unfortunately there are still people in our own village who have never set foot in the village hall because they think it is some sort of monument. Hopefully the web site and all the other linked village sites can drag us into the 21st century.

Cheers