Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Question How do I move my new web site from this pc to the other pc intact..?

Yes,I created my site on the wrong computer. I need it on my server across the room. Any opinions are really appreciated.

Default Re: How do I move my new web site from this pc to the other pc intact..?

Install Web Designer on your other computer. Open the WEB file on the other computer.

Default Re: How do I move my new web site from this pc to the other pc intact..?

Thankyou for reading, What does the WEB file do? i mean, can you elaborate?
    Last edited by Troy; 02 December 2010 at 10:35 PM.

Sorry. You are using Web Designer correct?

When you save your document, your working files, Xara saves it as a *.web file. This is Web Designer's native file format. Like DOC for Microsoft Word.

So once you have installed Web Designer on your other computer, you can open the web file with your web site working documents. This is the file you will use to create your website and from which you can publish your website to the Internet.

That make sense?

aaah,Thankyou...And yes,it is web designer.

If you are networked to the server just export your files over there instead of to your local PC.
    Quote Originally Posted by Troy View Post
    Yes,I created my site on the wrong computer. I need it on my server across the room. Any opinions are really appreciated.
    Grace
    http://gracehjs.com/
    Xara Software XDP11

The other option is to install an FTP program like filezilla (free) on your new PC and download all the files from your website server. then use the *.web file created in the old PC. some files ( image files etc) will no doubt need to be resynced

Quote Originally Posted by Troy View Post
    Thank you for your wonderful answer, but can you describe it clearly? Thank you again!