Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Help, please!

Default Help, please!

I have posted a couple of times recently about speed issues when transferring files to the server, takes around 40mins to 1 hour and sometimes times out.

I'm trying to resolve the problem and reduce file sizes where I can. I had added a few videos to the website and realised they were causing a big problem. I removed the videos and seperated them from the main site. I then transfered the updated website to the server and for some reason it pulled the web files back through again.

I went into the index_htm_files folder and removed them from here and tried again, but again they also were pulled through and caused a considerable delay.

Is there anything anyone can suggest that I'm doing wrong? Longer term I plan to split the site into two parts to hopefully solve some of the problems.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated, I'm going nuts trying to sort it out!!!:

if it helps, the web address is: www.chatelherault-pri.s-lanark.sch.uk

the video page is http://www.chatelherault-pri.s-lanar...deochannel.htm

thanks, Darren

Default Re: Help, please!

Hi

Sounds like you need to delete the video files from your support folder http://support.xara.com/index.php?_m...articleid=2830

Browse to the location where you have saved your .web /.xar file to find your support folder, select and delete the video files from this folder and then re-export your web site from the xara program.

Thanks

Default Re: Help, please!

Hi
    Thanks bb2.

I tried to removed the files from this folder, however when I then exported to html before publishing the files appeared again.

I do not have them on the site that I can see anywhere, is there another way to see where the files are originating from?

I did have the files on the website to begin with then, I took them off and put them in their own page away from the main site.

Is there a way to view all the files that are being pulled through prior to the actual update, i.e before they go into the support file.

I wondered if it would be better to put the video file straight on the server in some way then link to it, would this speed up the transfer do you think?

Darren