Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Smile Error at WebdesignerV6

I have issue when I start Webdesigner. Why is this?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	XaraWebdesigner_Error_2010-12-02.jpg 
Views:	102 
Size:	15.7 KB 
ID:	78186  

Default Re: Error at WebdesignerV6

Sounds like its loading a file from backups which is corrupt in some way. You can test this theory by disabling backups.

Select the utilities menu followed by options and clicking on the backups tab. remove the tick from the check box labelled 'backup open documents on program close and restore on program start' Apply the changes and then close and restart the program.

Does this prevent the warning from occuring? If so then browse to your backup location via windows explorer.

Order the files by last modified date and then open the latest OpenDocList_0000xxx_WebDesigner.txt file in notepad.

This will list the files the program is attempting to restore from backup. Try loading the .web files listed and see whether any of them result in the error.
    If yes then please attach the file to your reply and either remove its reference from the txt file or move/ delete the file from the backups folder prior to re-enabling backups in web designer and restarting the program

Thanks

Default Re: Error at WebdesignerV6

Select the utilities menu followed by options and clicking on the backups tab. remove the tick from the check box labelled 'backup open documents on program close and restore on program start' Apply the changes and then close and restart the program.

This works. I thought it is bug within software but sounds working.

Issue is path with checkbox:
    Local Settings\Application Data\Xara\WebDesigner\6.0\

Seems issue with backup. Can be this path to usual hard disk or this is hidden secure path....