Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: HOT SPOT?

Default HOT SPOT?

Does WD6 have a "hot spot" function whereby I can make a link out of any "spot" on the page, not neccesarily a specific text or photo object?

Default Re: HOT SPOT?

I think you can do this by creating a rectangle and apply a link to it, and then apply 99.5% transparency so it's not visible.

yes xtom this is how i would do it but bizbopper if you need to re select it you will have to use the quality slider next to the horse shoe on the tool bar > make all the images shapes to get an outline so you can then drag and drop and click it alter any links. the use the slider to return to the far end for high quality again.

Not so Mr. Dog. If you make the rectangle almost transparent, but not totally, you can select it. If you make it totally transparent then you need to switch to Outlines view to select the rectangle,

it must be my duff mouse work then!

Could be. In the good old days, you could select an object that was 100% transparent. But Xara decided that if an object were invisible then it should be invisible in terms of selection as well.

If you place one photo over another photo and apply a Linear transparency from 0% to 100%. You cannot select the portion of the bitmap that is 100% transparent. Maddening sometimes.