Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Smile Study web design skills

Hello, everyone
    I'm very interested in web design, but i'm not good at it, I would like to study some skills about web design, so can you give me advice? Thank you very much!

Default Re: Study web design skills

Hello flashfango

A good way to improve your web design skills is to visit lots of web sites. Look at each site and ask what works here and what does not work? Is the website easy to navigate? Can I find information quickly?

Look at the design of the site. Can it be simpler? Can it be better? Can you make it better? If so how.

Take an existing website, and redesign it. Just as a design exercise. You can usually copy the different design elements by dragging them off the browser and dropping them onto the desktop. Or you can do a screen capture (press PrtScn (print screen) and then Paste the bitmap into Xara.

Redesign the site to make it work better. To make it more attractive.

Be creative.

Thanks for your reply and good advice, thank you!

Hello

Re: "You can usually copy the different design elements by dragging them off the browser and dropping them onto the desktop. Or you can do a screen capture (press PrtScn (print screen) and then Paste the bitmap into Xara."

You can also just put the website address in "Import Graphics from Web" (ctrl-alt-w) and all the graphics on the main page come to Xara at once...

Peace

James