Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Open a layer and close the others

Worth a try, but in V6 at least, exporting and replacing a previous html file will recreate new image content in the html_files folder (based on what's visible in the Xara document) and delete all old image data from the folder--providing it was previously generated by Xara. In other words, no old image content in that folder should remain after the new export unless it had manually been put there by the user, seperately from Xara. Also, Xara won't delete files that it placed in there when the user assigns that file to a button link in Web Properties, if the user later chooses to break the link.

I used to be concerned about flushing the folder/its content to avoid clutter being uploaded before re-exporting, but I'm now convinced it's not necessary (although it was a hard habit to break). In fact, it is potentially harmful to delete the folder completely now as Xara only puts linked files in there at attachment time, not export time (to gaurantee a copy gets there), so they won't reappear on subsequent export if inadvertently deleted when you delete the folder.

Yap.....I have found while Xara Web Document weights around 3.76 MB, the saved Internet page is only 36.1 KB. Now I'm not scared abymore if Xara Document Save File doesn't get empty (and lose it's MB) even if I delete all the content of the pages I'm making (which doesn't seem normal to me but never mind).

The video tutorial is so precious, by the way!!! I'll use that info when making the further pages.

I have run across another question, which is related to one of the global settings of my site: having a 19" monitor, I decided to make the page fit into my screen
    (I'm using a Windows 7 with a display of 1280x1024 px), so my width of the pages was fixed at 1260 pixels. I wonder if the site will be viewed on a small desktop, or a larger one, how will it look ? Is it recommended to make the whole site with so large width ? I have seen, the majority of the sites has the information in the middle of the screen leaving plenty of space on the both sides and not covering the entire screen. I choose to make it at 1260 px because I wanted to have the main pictures showed at their original resolution, not shrinked.