Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Is there a download limit?

Hi, I am using Designer Pro 6 on Windows 7. I also run XX5.

I just got an error code trying to log in, code -6. I have gotten this code previously, and know I have to reinstall the program.

My question is, am I limited in the number of times I can reinstall the program? I had to do this just this last June, and in May 2009 I installed XX5 on a seperate partition running the Win 7 RC. That means I have installed XX5 three times, and Designer Pro 6 twice.

Am I gonna get charged for additional downloads?
    Just call me Grandpa Geek!
    Written in Comic Sans just for those fools protesting it should be banned.....LOL!

Default Re: Is there a download limit?

Quote Originally Posted by mac173 View Post
    My question is, am I limited in the number of times I can reinstall the program?
    On different hardware, yes - three. On the same hardware, no. If you hit the limit of three and your next installation's activation is refused, contact Xara Support to explain how you're not a pirate (4th new PC in the time since you bought Xtreme, for example) and they'll authorise the extra activations.

Quote Originally Posted by mac173 View Post
    Am I gonna get charged for additional downloads?
    No, but if you keep the installer that you download, you wouldn't even need to re-download it in the future either.

Default Re: Is there a download limit?

No, but if you keep the installer that you download, you wouldn't even need to re-download it in the future either.
    LOL, I know, I forgot to save the download file out of the Downloads folder, and it got "cleaned up". I will save it this time and back it up also.

Thanks for the answer, I was worried about the program crashes making me reinstall too many times.
    Just call me Grandpa Geek!
    Written in Comic Sans just for those fools protesting it should be banned.....LOL!