Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: newsletter

Default newsletter

Hi everybody...i'm not sure this is the right place to post this request but i'd like to receive information on how to make, step by step, (and if it's possible with designer pro 6) a newsletter. as usual thanks in advance.
    Paolo

Default Re: newsletter

Hello Paolo

What do you need to know? How many pages do you want in your newsletter? And how are you going to print your newsletter?

I successfully design and layout a 32 page newspaper each month in Xara, utilising the multi page feature and repeating objects option for titles etc. Columns set as rectangles on the guides layer and locked - leaving these colums usable on every page but not movable, and leving individual guides created ad-hoc as needed, editable/not locked. This seems to work well for setting out multi page documents. My newspaper is professionally printed on a very modern newspaper press with no problems.

ok...excuse me but i didn't explain enough... thank you sjuk and Gary.. i want to make a newsletter with designer pro 6 and this is not a problem, 'cause i know and use xara from the first releases of the program (maybe '95 or '96). But i'd like to know, once i made all my graphics and text, the steps to send via email like a newsletter, (example: i suppose i have to save the file as .htm, then i think i have to use a program like sendblaster or similar), but i want to know if there's some tips or tricks to make the exported file ready and safe for sending, so any suggestion will be appreciated..

Sorry, a duplicated post.
    Saludos,
    Bob.
    Last edited by iamtheblues; 27 November 2010 at 08:58 AM. Reason: duplicate post
    ** Detailed "Create A Spinning Logo Tutorial" is available in .pdf format for download at this link **
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx.

Go to File Menu/Export... and choose "PDF or PDF/X(*.pdf)".
    Pdf is a universal format these days.
    Saludos,
    Bob.
    ** Detailed "Create A Spinning Logo Tutorial" is available in .pdf format for download at this link **
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx.

Quote Originally Posted by ceramik View Post
    Hi everybody...i'm not sure this is the right place to post this request but i'd like to receive information on how to make, step by step, (and if it's possible with designer pro 6) a newsletter. as usual thanks in advance.
    Paolo
    Hi. Comm100 Newsletter---the email marketing software will be recommended, which is FREE, hosted and easy to use.
    For more information, just click here: http://www.comm100.com/emailmarketingnewsletter/
    Hope the information helps.

Hello ceramik, I use mail chimp for my newsletter they have a few choices to choose from, from paid to free
    ---> http://www.mailchimp.com
    "Rage"
    John S.
    ------------
    js-designz.net