Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

xdp6 Bug: Line effects

When drawing a new line there are "select an existing brush" and "select an existing stroke shape / pressure profile" dialog boxes to choose line effects from. But, when I reselect the line -- they simply dissapear. I have to open "Line gallery" to change the effect.
    It would be also nice if "cap and join properties" are on the same info bar for easily changing the ends of a line.
    I couldn't even find them as icons to put them on the standard (or info) bar.

Default Re: Bug: Line effects

are you leaving the freehand/shape/pen tool to reselect?

you do not need to do this - you can click on the line to select it whilst still in the drawing tool

[the info bar is tool specific - if you are in the selection tool it gives you selection options, in a drawing tool drawing option, etc]
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Yes, I leave the tool to reselect. But, why it should be a problem? The point is that the info bar should be the same as drawing a new line. Try with an another tool. Does the info bar change if you use some other tool more times?

the info bar changes to suit the tool that you have selected [this is the same behaviour as in photoshop and many other drawing programs]

run through the tools and you can see how it changes
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...