Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Image quality problem

Hey guys!
    How to control image quality of Export Website option. I mean when I export webpage, all images that are placed in index_htm_files folder are very low quality. Is there a way to lift up a quality of that images.

Default Re: Image quality problem

Simply right click your photos and click on web properties and under the image tab select jpeg and set the slider bar to 100 (the default is 75). Make sure not to do this with any graphics or other png images (transparent backgrounds) only with jpeg images.

Kash

UPF - Images are exported at Windows screen resolution, 96dpi. The quality is correct for the web but not for print.

Setting the quality to 75-80 is generally fine. 100 is really overkill. If the image is a good image it will not look a lot different at 80 or 100.

If the image is very high resolution, Xara will reduce the resolution upon publishing. You can right click on the photo and select Optimize Photo. Choose JPEG (and a quality setting) or PNG.

When the image is optimized you may want to edit the sharpness with the Photo Tool. High resolution images when reduced to 96dpi often get soft. About 10% Sharpness will usually help.

skech, gwpriester ,
    Thanks guys, that's what I was looking for.