Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Need help! Cannot upload website

I have made 3 great pages of website using Web Designer 6. I cannot get them to show up on my website though. I can "export & preview page", and actually see all 3 pages separately but when I "export & preview website", all I get is a blank page. I can actually see page 2 and 3 in my browser also but the 1st page is blank. Subsequently, when I upload the website, all I get is a blank website. I believe I have exported to the proper place according to my host. I have tried renaming the first page as "Index", "default" and "home" and nothing changes. I tried deleting the first page and re-creating it and it still makes no difference. I am not a graphic designer so this is my first attempt at making a website. Can anyone help? Thanks!

Default Re: Need help! Cannot upload website

Welcome to TalkGraphics

Try naming your site when you export it index.htm or index.html (all lowercase). It you use caps some browsers won't load the index file automatically.

If you key in your URL and then manually add the Index.htm or Index.html can you see the page? If you use index.htm or index.html then browsers will automatically load the page and you do not need to add it to your URL.

Thanks for responding! I have tried index.htm, Index.htm,index.html and Index.html. Even when I add this to the URL, nothing displays. My other 2 pages are named "event.htm" and "in memory.htm" and both of these will display when I add them to the URL. Any ideas?

just clutching at straws, but when you buy hosting the hosting company already have an index.html file in there, did you delete this before uploading yours?

Also have you checked your layers, is everything that should be seen on the mouseoff layer as it should be.

Kash

Thank you so much! I have fixed my problem. It did have to do with layers. Once I figured that out, a few more experiments fixed my problem. Thanks again, I may need some more help before I'm through!

Thanks again, I may need some more help before I'm through!
    That's why we are here.