Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Something like "content-aware"

G'day all,

I'm new with XaRa and am still trying get around with all the features in it. Currently using designer pro 5 and I'm wondering does it have a feature like "content-aware".

As you know that Adobe PS cs5 had this new awesome feature for filling and healing, one of the awesomesause in it is that it can seamlessly fills the selection with similar image content nearby, randomly synthesize any similar image content.

Hopefully I can hear some good news soon

Default Re: Something like "content-aware"

Welcome to TalkGraphics

Photoshop is a bitmap editing application. Xara Designer Pro 6 or Xara Xtreme Pro 5 is a vector drawing application. The two programs work in very different ways. Xara Designer Pro 6 has a Clone Tool, but not as good as Photoshop's clone tool (IMHO). (Xtreme Pro 5 does not have a clone tool). But then Photoshop is not very good when it comes to creating vector drawings.

Quote Originally Posted by MrBrian View Post
    t it can seamlessly fills the selection with similar image content nearby
    Hi MrBrian,

Regarding Xara 6 (Designer Pro 6), check out this video by Xhris:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gQ-bI5SaR9U

He talks about photos from about 1:00 onwards, and you might be interested in the part about the clone tool at 3:17 on.
    Visiting/participating in TalkGraphics since i/us (’97).

Welcome Mr Brian,
    Xaras content aware scale is one tool that works far better than the one in Photoshop so I use Xara and Photoshop together on some projects combining the best of both programs.