Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

WD6 Is my code jacked up ?

Im not much of a code person so this may be irrelevant but, I have looked at the code for other sites that may have a paragraph of text and it dont look like mine. Here is a snippit of code for a text paragraph from my page.

<span class="xr_tl" style="top: -16px;">Moody Cabinets has over 50 years combined experienced </span>
    <span class="xr_tl" style="top: 4px;">in the commercial construction industry. We know that as </span>
    <span class="xr_tl" style="top: 24px;">a general contractor your time is very valuable and that a </span>
    <span class="xr_tl" style="top: 44px;">sub-contractor who is knowledgeable and able to </span>
    <span class="xr_tl" style="top: 64px;">complete a job according to schedule and plan allows you </span>
    <span class="xr_tl" style="top: 84px;">to keep your focus on the big picture. Our goal is to </span>
    <span class="xr_tl" style="top: 104px;">produce a high quality cabinetry at a competitive price in </span>
    <span class="xr_tl" style="top: 123px;">order to insure that you, our contractor, achieve the end </span>
    <span class="xr_tl" style="top: 143px;">result that you are looking for. We also know that job flow </span>
    <span class="xr_tl" style="top: 163px;">is very important to the continual progression of the </span>
    <span class="xr_tl" style="top: 183px;">commercial job site so we at Moody Cabinets will do our </span>
    <span class="xr_tl" style="top: 203px;">very best to make sure we meet or beat all schedule </span>
    <span class="xr_tl" style="top: 223px;">requirements given to us. Moody Cabinets houses over </span>
    <span class="xr_tl" style="top: 243px;">12,000 square feet of production space, we incorporate </span>
    <span class="xr_tl" style="top: 263px;">CNC machining and state of the art computer design into </span>
    <span class="xr_tl" style="top: 283px;">our cabinetry, and we are commercially licensed and </span>
    <span class="xr_tl" style="top: 303px;">insured in the state of Arkansas. Since we are a custom </span>
    <span class="xr_tl" style="top: 323px;">cabinet shop we are not limited to any one particular </span>
    <span class="xr_tl" style="top: 343px;">style or design of cabinetry. Bring us any spec, any </span>
    <span class="xr_tl" style="top: 363px;">design, or any style and we will get it done! Moody </span>
    <span class="xr_tl" style="top: 383px;">Cabinets is big enough to handle large projects while also </span>
    <span class="xr_tl" style="top: 403px;">small enough to accomplish any little task that may come </span>
    <span class="xr_tl" style="top: 422px;">along. If you have any questions please feel free to </span>

So why is there: <span class="xr_tl" style="top: 383px before each line ? Im not seeing that on other sites..

Default Re: Is my code jacked up ?

That's the WYSIWYG nature of the program. Solution: Don't look at the exported (100% w3c valid) HTML - just concentrate on your site design. That's the idea.

If you want something that looks more conventional you can use the "HTMLblockText" name for the text area which produces the old <p> blah blah </p> tags for paragraphs. But it makes no difference to Google.
    Last edited by zaphodeist; 24 November 2010 at 08:59 PM. Reason: wysywyg
    JOHN -XaReg (FB) XaReg (DB - ignore prompt to register)
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64

Default Re: Is my code jacked up ?

Quote Originally Posted by neodeist View Post
    But it makes no difference to Google.
    And thats all that matters to me , thanks.