Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Can mouseover start flash animation and mouseoff pause it?

Hello
    so I'm new to WD but trying to have some flash animation play when you mouse over a heading or link. So for example, you might mouseover some box with the word "Upcoming Events" in it, and a little flash animation cartoon car speeds across the page.

The problem is I can't figure out how to make the mouseoff not instantly revert the flash to it's first frame. If you were to mouseoff, I'd love to either have the flash finish playing, or simply pause.

Is this possible?

Any suggestions would be great, or if there are some demos/forums I should read, just send me there. Thanks!

Default Re: Can mouseover start flash animation and mouseoff pause it?

Welcome to TalkGraphics

Put the flash animation on a pop up layer and have a button on the mouse off layer link to the pop up layer. Use the Mouse Over link in the Link dialog.

Here's how. In the Page and Layers Gallery, select the MouseOver layer's title bar and then press New.

Name this layer. Something like Flash or Flash Pop-up.

Select the MouseOff layer. Create a simple button.

In Links dialog, select the Mouse -Over tab and link to the pop up layer.

I used this technique on my home page to trigger a flash animation. Mouse over the thumbnail image that says FLASH ANIMATION. When you mouse off the thumbnail the layer disappears.

All of the large illustrations are on separate pop up layers.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FLASH-LAYER.png 
Views:	233 
Size:	10.5 KB 
ID:	78058  

Default Re: Can mouseover start flash animation and mouseoff pause it?

Thanks so much GW!!
    So I managed to create the different layers like you suggested but I think I must still be missing something. When I mouseover the intended target, my flash animation begins to play (in this case it's a little cartoon train crossing arm that gradually lowers and then raises back up).
    The trouble is that when I mouseoff, the flash animation snaps back to the first frame. (Actually it disappears, so on the mouseoff layer I have a picture of the first frame, and on the Flash layer is the actual flash animation over top of the picture).

But I'm hoping to either have the flash simply finish the whole animation (about 10 seconds) or just pause running until you mouseover the target again.
    I hope I explained that right. Let me know if that doesn't make sense, I'm probably just missing an obvious step but so far no luck :P
    Thanks again in advance for any assistance!!