Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Menu Maker 1.1

Smile Menu Maker 1.1

Hello:
    I am only using the antiquated ms frontpage 2000, with xara's menu maker1.1 and I wish to remove the white bandaid like border around the horizontal navigation bar at the top of my page. I have been hoping I can edit the css code, by changing the attribute from border style= solid to border style= hidden or none??? I have a background picture that would look better against a trimmed graphic. My website screenshot is attached I hope, my first post, I am sure I wish I knew what I am doing, mostly hoping to get some advise on this issue.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	screenshot_artbylisabelle.jpg 
Views:	702 
Size:	138.5 KB 
ID:	78050

Default Re: Menu Maker 1.1

Hi Lisabelle,

Looking at your site: http://www.lisabelle-artist.com/ I don't see the white area, so maybe you found a solution already.

If not, perhaps you could make a page with the problem showing, and provide the url for it.
    Visiting/participating in TalkGraphics since i/us (’97).

Hello James:
    Thank you for your response, I ended up by trial and error figuring out a solution to the white box, though it was much less complicated than I expected. I just selected the navigation bar and move it, then deleted the white box. I am so glad to have found this forum, and will consider investing in the web designer software. Thank you. Lisabelle

That's great news Lisabelle, and we all hope to see you on the TalkGraphics forum again soon.

The antiquated Frontpage2000 is only antiquated in the eyes of the code head nerds. There are millions of sites built with FP2K and they still work and work in all the browsers. I manage over a dozen FP2K sites and have no intentions of moving them into Expression Web or Dreamweaver.
    The last time I checked Ebay FP2K & 03 were still fast selling items.
    To help make the MM work a little better in SEO use Goggle Webmaster Tools and their validate site code.
    A hosting company told me recently the majority of their customers still use Frontpage so they're working to keep their FP users happy.
    I can code so no pun intended to the code heads that live and breath for validation.

Interesting points, tuller. Mind you, owners of well-engineered antique cars still call them antiques.

I was talking to a designer friend recently that is one of the best i know in the industry.
    We were discussing editors and she told me I would dump my DWCS5 and Expression Web4 before I gave up my FP2002

Just got to love all these dedicated FP users!

Happy New Year!