Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default text colour when creating page link

Apologies if this is a very basic question but I've never tried anything like this before.

I have several sections on the page that link to other parts of the website. Most are in the main body of text but one is a link as part of the title and it needs to be in a different colour from the others.

I have been into web properties onto the website tab where it shows the Mouse off, Mouse Over and Visited colours but this changes the text for the whole website and I can't work out how to break it down into separate sections.

Your help with this would be much appreciated, I've been trying to work it out for hours

Thanks!

Default Re: text colour when creating page link

Welcome to TalkGraphics

As you have discovered, you can globally change the link colors but not individually.

The best work around I can think of would be to create a separate shape, a rectangle with some text, for example, and link that as desired, You could also have a mouse over version for interaction. This would be like a button, but just a single button.

Would this work?

Thanks for that. The rectangle idea might work, I assume then I would group the rectangle with the text and create the link from the object so that the text would stay the colour I want?

Is there an easy way to get the rectangle's line colour to match the fill colour so that it doesn't appear to be a button in the heading. I just want the text to show on its own.

in case anyone else has this problem. If you make a transparent rectangle to go over the text, group them, then add the link, it doesn't affect the colour of the text

The best way to make the line's color match the fill color is simple. Set the outline width to NONE.

On the Infobar, select None from the Width drop down list.

You are using Web Designer which has limited transparency options. In Photo and Graphic Designer and Designer Pro 6 you can create a colored rectangle, apply Bleach transparency which will only color the text under the rectangle, and link the rectangle.

But the invisible rectangle works in any of the applications and is a good way to go.