Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default my layer gallery doesnt look like the movie demo

Watching the mouse over demo movie... my Web Designer 6 does not have the check boxes in front of the layers. Is this what I should expect from 6? thanks!

Default Re: my layer gallery doesnt look like the movie demo

Send it back!

(joke) Welcome to TalkGraphics Janet

Do you have any Pages open? (see attached)

Gary
    (formerly from across the bay in Marin)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	layers.png 
Views:	98 
Size:	7.4 KB 
ID:	78013  

In the animation (demo) the frame gallery has check boxes - you weren't watching that were you?
    JOHN -XaReg (FB) XaReg (DB - ignore prompt to register)
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    Send it back!

(joke) Welcome to TalkGraphics Janet

Do you have any Pages open? (see attached)

Gary
    (formerly from across the bay in Marin)
    Hello, New to this. Yes, I have one page open (index) it now has mouse over and mouse off plus 3 photo layers I created, attemting to imitate the movie-demo on the rollover effect. In the movie it shows boxes that they check/uncheck to the left ofthe layers. I have no such boxes.
    thanks-Janet
    ps, used to live in Las Cruces

Hello, Its the page and layer gallery I'm in, and the rollover effect tutorial movie. thanks! Janet

We switched states.

Can you select the Layer title bar?

Basically you create your button shape and your text and group the two (Ctrl g).

Copy the button group to the clipboard (Ctrl c).

In the Page and Layer Gallery, select the MouseOver layer title bar (to select that layer) and from the Edit menu select Paste in Place.

Modify your button as needed. Hold down the Ctrl key and click to select the rectangle and change the color. Ctrl click on the text to change the text
    color.

Click to select the MouseOff layer.

Drag a selection rectangle around the rectangle with the arrow pointer (the Selector Tool). The status bar should read two object selected on two layers.

From the Arrange menu, select Apply Soft Group. Now both buttons are grouped but on two different layers.

Click the Link icon on the Infobar. In the URL window, key in the pound sign #. This will link to the same page and you can now test your button by pressing the eye icon.

Let me know if this works for you. And aside from the really excellent food and the great shops in Berkley, do you miss New Mexico and the red, green and/or Christmas chile choice?

Send it back!

LOL...sei un mito!!!!

Hello, After a spell... Yes, miss the chili, sister in Taos, so have had that med not too long ago. We now have Dona Tomas in Oakland which is close to it yet Cal-nuveau, very good.

I think I need a coach for this. Do you know anyone out here who would coach me for an hour here and there? Otherwise I'll post a thread. Do you think thats an appropriate thread?

thanks! Janet

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    We switched states.

Can you select the Layer title bar?

Basically you create your button shape and your text and group the two (Ctrl g).

Copy the button group to the clipboard (Ctrl c).

In the Page and Layer Gallery, select the MouseOver layer title bar (to select that layer) and from the Edit menu select Paste in Place.

Modify your button as needed. Hold down the Ctrl key and click to select the rectangle and change the color. Ctrl click on the text to change the text
    color.

Click to select the MouseOff layer.

Drag a selection rectangle around the rectangle with the arrow pointer (the Selector Tool). The status bar should read two object selected on two layers.

From the Arrange menu, select Apply Soft Group. Now both buttons are grouped but on two different layers.

Click the Link icon on the Infobar. In the URL window, key in the pound sign #. This will link to the same page and you can now test your button by pressing the eye icon.

Let me know if this works for you. And aside from the really excellent food and the great shops in Berkley, do you miss New Mexico and the red, green and/or Christmas chile choice?