Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Bug Internal Program errors

I'm pretty new to Designer Pro 6, though I have used Xtreme and published a web site using it.

My problem is that whenever I open the replacement web site I'm working on in DP6 I get an IPE 6510.k.no.dr ... and when I close WD6 I get IPE 3475.k.br.mp

When trying to publish the site I also get Serious Errr - Access Violation Exception @ 0x072716D3

Any ideas? I'm totally stumped

Help!

Default Re: Internal Program errors

Welcome to TalkGraphics.

I am not sure if this will help, but try right clicking on the program icon and selecting Run as Administrator. You only need to do this once.

And make sure you have the latest upgrade installed. Go to the Help menu and select Update Program. You may see a screen that says there are no major updates available. If so' click Close and then Xara will look for updates anyway. It it finds any, install them.

Thanks GW. I'll have a go with your tips tomorrow. Right now I'm off to bed (11.00pm here)

I'll let you know how I get on.

Scucca

Hi

Please can you either upload the file generating these errors or submit a ticket via http://support.xara.com and either upload the file or provide a link from which it can be retrieved.

This will allow us to analyse the file and resolve the causes of the program errors.

Thanks

Thanks bb2,

I'll try GW's ideas first, but will submit a ticket. It's not allowing me to publish the site to the web so I'll include it as an attachment if that's OK.

Thanks again

Emma (Scucca)

Hi,

Tried GW's ideas but unfortunately no go, so I decided to see if I could narrow it down by removing pages, items etc ... and discovered it was on a single page which I use as a sort-of repository and try out ideas. Gradually ddeleted items from this page until I discovered the culprit ... a bubble!

I've sent in a ticket (GLU-759738) as per bb2's suggestion with the rather lonely bubble file, so I'll be fascinated to see just what caused it.

Thanks for all your help guys.

Hi,

The problem occured because the brush had not been saved correctly and had become corrupted.

Deleting the brush from the Line Gallery and recreating the brush has resolved the problem.

The fixed file is attached
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thanks Pete. I as so pleased I decided to settle on Xara rather than other software that shall remain nameless The combination of great software, great videos, an excellent series of forums and fast expert response to problems has to make Xara Designer Pro 6 'Simply the Best'

Thanks again

Emma (Scucca)

Agreed! And welcome to the forum, Emma.