Hi All,
just wondering if anyone has done anything like this and can advise on the best approach.

I am planning to provide a link from an HTML based website (developed in WD6) to a Wordpress based blog. I want, if possible, to make the blog appear to be as integrated with the website as possible - so will open the blog in the same window/tab.

The website has multiple pages, which are accessible via a menu bar. I'm thinking of providing a link within the menu bar to the blog. Hence, the exit point from the website could be any page. Currently, I have a dedicated link on the blog to go back to the website but I think that will allow me only to go back to a single target page (e.g. the home page).

What I would like to do is return the user to the page on the website where they initiated the blog.

I have briefly investigated, the following commands but it looks like these act like the 'back button' and hence rely on the browser history;

history.back();
history.go(-1);

Once the user is in the blog they will be able to navigate through the pages on the blog and thus 'History' will reflect navigation through the blog. Thus, I can't rely on using history because I don't know how many pages will have been navigated in the blog before the user tries to return to the website.

Is there a any way to force the browser to pick up the last page from the originating website or some other method to do this?

Any suggestions will be gratefully received.

Thanks & Best Regards

TD