Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Issue with XaraX1 and Windows 7

I have just upgraded my computer OS to Windows Version 7.

I've found that each time I start a new session, XaraX1 wants me to insert the serial number. Once I do that the program operates properly.

The next time I want to start a session, I again have to tell the program what the serial number is.

I'd like to do that once and for all.

Can anyone suggest how I can permanently attach that serial number so that the ne sessions will begin normally?

Thank you,
    Paul

Default Re: Issue with XaraX1 and Windows 7

Hi Paul,

I’m not a computer whiz, but perhaps someone knows the answer - good luck with that.

When I have these kinds of problems I usually see it as the writing on the wall for upgrading. When I recently upgraded my computer and windows, my old scanner gave up the ghost. Several other programs began having glitches too, because they were old, so I had to upgrade them. It says a lot for Xara that it can last so long without having many glitches, as Windows goes through many changes.

Here is a video showing you the difference between 5 and 6 – never mind 1.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gQ-bI5SaR9U
    Visiting/participating in TalkGraphics since i/us (’97).

From memory I'd say you need to tell win7 to run it as administrator - that way you only need do this once

think its a right click on the icon and set option - but i don't have win7 handy to check
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Correct. And as bb2 pointed out in a similar post recently, you only need to do this once.