Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: Any Facebook savvy people on here?

Quote Originally Posted by Soquili View Post
    Think I'll suggest that to my congress persons and representatives.
    As a fascinated follower of US politics, good luck with that.
    -- Bob

Quote Originally Posted by Soquili View Post
    Since places like that and others make money by selling the member's information, they should be required to pay the members 90% of any money they make.
    Wow

Celebs will be happy - imagine how much the newspapers will have to pay them.
    Visiting/participating in TalkGraphics since i/us (’97).

Quote Originally Posted by stratocast View Post
    You make a good point and I agree with you. However, chats between room mates at Uni, something that I have not had the privilege to experience, are local and confined to the group, but once disseminated on the Internets it's a different thing, at least to me.

You undoubtedly have a more laissez faire attitude and I genuinely applaud this. It's still a shock to me when I find that Carlos Fandango from Chile has some knowledge, no matter how tenuous, of my existence. You would probably take this in your stride and not give it a second thought.

Disclaimer:
    As you have probably guessed, I am not a young person and therefore I am not to be trusted. I feel I have earned my right to be insufferably grumpy and to profess total ignorance when it suits me. I'm also selectively deaf and an inveterate liar.
    All or none of the above may be true.

Good points there stratocast, and I support anyone protecting their privacy. Legally though, I think gossipmongers reign supreme.
    Visiting/participating in TalkGraphics since i/us (’97).

Quote Originally Posted by James Allen View Post
    ...I think gossipmongers reign supreme.
    Sadly, you are correct.
    -- Bob

Quote Originally Posted by stratocast View Post
    I'm quite happy being a good, old fashioned, Internet user and have no desire to become product, for that is surely what Facebook members are.
    Yep that is why I have this signature, 'be aware not to become a ware.'
    So face book is actually the human ware-house.
    And I hate those competitions now, from al sorts of campanies, that are almost forcing you to join
    facebook or you can`t enter the competition. So I don`t. No free stuff for me, well, I never won anyway
    be aware, not to become a ware.

To present the other side of the argument, Facebook is not unlike TalkGraphics. It is a virtual community. I know a lot of people who spend a lot of time on Facebook. I spend about 5 minutes a week when I am really involved. For the most part I stay away.

But when I occasionally stray into some of the other TG forums, I am always amazed to see many of the same people as those who hang out in the forums I am directly involved with. It is a community and a method of connecting with other persons.

Personally, I would rather spend my time being creative.

As the old and long forgotten rock and roll song used to say, Different Strokes for Different Folks.

Bob, I know it's a really frustrating subject ... there is no such thing as privacy anymore. However, I've got to say how enjoyable it is to read your rants. Thanks for the laughs.

Mickie

I kinda wish that we had like buttons here... that would save some reply's, as well show the obvious... people like what has been posted

You know you don't actually lose that much privacy, except if you have very liberal settings.... It also all depends on what you upload to a social network site....I dont really see it as a threat or problem.

You can knock it but you cannot deny that an obscene amount of people are on facebook, and around 15% of our business sales come from people having viewed our facebook page. Think about it, you can have 500 friends on facebook, and each of them has 500 friends on facebook, even with some mutual friends that is a lot of references, and they are good references because you are usually dealing with a friend or friend of a friend.

Like a little village situation.

Kash
    Flawless Form. Faultless Function. Crafted by Cloud

https://www.cloudwebagency.co.uk