Ah ha! I am not alone (note to self: buy new locks for the doors).

Paranoid ravings aside, this is really irritating. My friend and I have known each other for over twenty years. I was his best man, for pity's sake and I don't want to ignore him on this. But, I'm not going to join Zuckerberg's disciples. I'm quite happy being a good, old fashioned, Internet user and have no desire to become product, for that is surely what Facebook members are.

Don't get me wrong, I can (just about) see the appeal to the odd 400 million people here and there. My daughter wanted me to get a Facebook account so we could keep in touch. She lives five minutes away and I see her two or three times a week. I wasn't aware that lunacy ran in my family.

She also mentioned that she wanted more interesting Facebook friends, so I advised her to post a cellphone pic of her boobs which would undoubtedly attract plenty of interesting friends, many with amusing outstanding arrest warrants.

Anyway, back to the subject. Can't my pal just send me a link to his photos or whatever, do I really have to join just to see his stuff?

My online privacy is likely a figment of my imagination, but I see no reason to accelerate it's demise.