Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Navigation bar button ghosts when export site

Before anyone answers this, please use words of one syllable. At wits end with nav bars. I'm getting floating button-shaped ghosts on mouse click whenever I export my page/site to view and check it. The same thing happens whether I drag in a navbar template or single button to create a nav bar from. The ghost images have original 'button text' labels and are in different places dependent on which button you click, floating above/below/behind the button in question. Any ideas what idiot thing I'm doing wrong here?

Default Re: Navigation bar button ghosts when export site

sounds like you have removed the soft group from the navbar and moved the group on the mouse off layer but not on the mouse over layer. upload your .web file as this will provide some insite into the problem

thanks

Default Re: Navigation bar button ghosts when export site

Sounds like you've moved the mouseoff button objects while the mouseover objects are hidden or locked - the mouseover parts for the button are getting left behind, only showing when you export and view the page in a browser and hover the cursor over them.

You need to unhide the mouseover layer and marquee select the button to make sure that both parts are selected when moved around.

Sorry bb2 - didn't realise you'd posted
    JOHN -XaReg (FB) XaReg (DB - ignore prompt to register)
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64

Thumbs up Re: Navigation bar button ghosts when export site

Thanks both - that helped loads. I unhid the mouseover layer and it was way offset from the other one - but at that point it was a totally fresh import of a nav bar from the designs gallery and i'd not moved it at all or removed the soft group - which suggests there was an issue with the bar itself. I moved the mouseover layer back behind the top one and it worked - a good learning regardless as i was bound to do this at some point!