Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Managing where WD6 places files incorporated in to web pages

Most software apps provide the options by which the user may instruct the app to save files created by itself. A software program which denies that degree of control is bad enough but I would settle for knowing the protocol by which the program itself decides where those file will go. See my earlier post yesterday on 15th Nov. I have carefully created folders storing pdf files of discrete sets of numerical data but when I link to them on a WD6 page followed by viewing the result in my browser I find that WD6 has created a second copy in a different folder.

Can anyone explain the logic that will enable me to understand just what WD6 uses as a logic that determines why it overides user control and just how it determines the repository for all files incorporated in pages created by the program? Maybe I should address these queries to Xara's own technical support?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Xara_03.JPG 
Views:	100 
Size:	27.6 KB 
ID:	77872  

Default Re: Managing where WD6 places files incorporated in to web pages

A folder called [filename]_web_files folder is created when saving your document if your document contains any external files.

As an example, assume you had inserted a flv file into your document and then saved your document as index.web. A folder named index_web_files would be created at the same location as where you saved index.web. The index_web_files would contain the flv file and any supporting files, and is therefore known as the Support folder.

When exporting your website, the HTML files are exported to your chosen location and a _htm_files folder is created which contains the files referenced by the HTML pages.

During the export, Web Designer will copy the external files from the support folder and place them within the _htm_files folder.

Default Re: Managing where WD6 places files incorporated in to web pages

Thanks bb2 for that. It is really helpful.