Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Fatpaint.com - A free online paint program, graphic design software and photo editor.

Introducing Fatpaint.com, a free, full featured, online graphic design software for doing layered painting, vector drawing, photo editing and page layout. It's the first Flash based painting program with full support for pressure sensitive Pen Tablets.

Fatpaint has more drawing and painting features than any other online graphics application, and it has built-in thousands of graphical resources.

Because of it's integration with Zazzle, the application is particularly strong for making graphics for printing on t-shirts, shoes, mugs and other products... It takes around 3-5 minutes to create a text slogan, add a few paint strokes and preview it on a t-shirt.

I spent 5 years developing it and I would like to get some feedback from you, so any suggestions and ideas for improving the software would be highly appreciated.

Thanks.
    IP

Default Re: Fatpaint.com - A free online paint program, graphic design software and photo edi

Congratulations on what must be a lot of work to produce such a product.

Unfortunately I prefer minimalist interfaces and I think the fatpaint interface is a bit cluttered for my liking, so I won't be dropping Xara software for fatpaint.
    IP

Default Re: Fatpaint.com - A free online paint program, graphic design software and photo edi

Thanks,

There are still some work to be done on the interface... It could look much better and be easier to figure out. I guess with time things will improve.

By the way...

I'm interested in meeting graphic artists and digital art painters for joining the Fatpaint.com project to help make it a better online painting/drawing software, graphic design and photo editing program.

To begin with, the job for the artist would be to make graphics art and design pictures for personalized hoodies, sweatshirts and custom tee shirt printing. During the process of making these graphics, I would like to have some speed-paint videos. Anyone here has any experience with this?
    Last edited by marcanti; 17 November 2010 at 05:15 AM.
    IP

could not get pressure sensitivity to work - the slider greyed out

Windows XP
    FireFox 3.6.12
    Wacom Graphire tablet
    Java 6 - 18

looks good apart from that
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...
    IP

Hello, thanks for trying out Fatpaint.

Please try again, following these steps, if you already done the first 2 steps, just jump to step 3.

1. On the "Step by step user guide" panel, install the tablet software by pressing the "Install tablet software" button.

2. When installation is completed, close all open browser windows (don't leave any browser window open) and open the Fatpaint editor again. After this, you should be able to paint with pressure sensitivity, but in case things don't work, proceed to the following steps:

3. Under "Project settings" at the "Tablet" pane, you should see that the tablet is enabled and there is a reload button so you can retry connecting to the tablet if things are not working.

4. When you start one of the painting tools, the pressure sensitivity sliders should be enabled.

If it still is not working, perhaps this is a problem with Windows XP... We have only tested with a Wacom tablet on Windows 7. But perhaps a restart of the machine will help (I know its far out).

Even though Fatpaint is very useful without a tablet, we will do all we can to fix any problems with tablet functionality, so we appreciate your efforts in helping us solve this issue.

Thanks for the feedback
    Last edited by marcanti; 19 November 2010 at 12:43 AM.
    IP

Hi

thanks

I needed to install the Cellosoft Jtablet plugin [experimental] - and then the pressure sensitivity was enabled on restart

[I also updated java itself]

A slight probelm on restarting when the app window had not been closed down first - program does not load - but I think that might be down to the way I have scripting set in my FFox [this I cannot at the moment change]

First impressions are fine - [my benchmark is SAI PaintTool] - look forward to giving it a proper workout
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...
    IP

Just a few, quick tips:

If you think the user interface is too cluttered, just go to the "Window" menu and select "Hide non essential panels". This will help a lot on this issue.

Another nice tip is that even though the "Content" and "Object" panels are faded/grayed, you can still press with the mouse on their tab-panes, to enable the tap/tool. This is sometimes easier then selecting the tool icon.

I also recommend that you check out some of the shortcut keys, such as "Ctrl+E" to toggle editing of content, and "Ctrl+L" to edit layers (works only for image objects).
    IP

Fatpaint's beta period is over and we have improved many things.

Checkout these new, short tutorial videos, they are quite interesting…

How to make iPad/iPhone case design: http://youtu.be/YkBnf5NGC8Y?hd=1
    How to make Sneakers design: http://youtu.be/mnP495V9WHw?hd=1
    How to make T-shirt design: http://youtu.be/GNctuQ5T858?hd=1
    How to do photo editing and touch up: http://youtu.be/tdaCt4p-FQ8?hd=1
    How to make vector drawings: http://youtu.be/0l98Ync0W_8?hd=1
    How to paint: http://youtu.be/nCWfdcq-Jms?hd=1
    Effects and blend modes: http://youtu.be/k8yh2pTarGs?hd=1

What you think?
    IP

A new feature for creating ray traced 3D logo design has been added to Fatpaint.com.

Here are some examples of images created, what you think?

IP

Nice work on the rendered text.

Just took a short look (so far) and it looks like it might be fun to use. I like the idea that so many "products" can be created from within the software, in the perfectly correct sizes/layout.

Much success!

James
    IP