Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Links in NavBar won't publish

I'm new to Xara Web Designer (6). I created a navigation bar and have two issues with it. One is that the dropdown items in one section do not show up when I publish the site. I tried deleting the section and recreating them. I tried moving that section to the next position in the navbar (thinking that maybe there was a limit to how many sections I could have.) I also tried also bringing the whole navbar to the front after reading through the forum here. I can edit the page and find that it publishes fine, but the links in that section just don't work.

My second issue is just one of unfamiliarity, I'm sure. The first section of my navbar is "Savings." The final link in the drop down is for a rate sheet (pdf). I can link to the rate sheet on the Savings page with text no problem. But the link in the nav bar doesn't work. I notice when I publish that the text link that works looks like this: http://www.atlfcu.net/index_html_files/sharerates.pdf
    but the one in the drop down looks like this:
    http://www.atlfcu.net/sharerates.pdf
    even though I am linking to the same document. I'm just starting to get a handle on the creation of the index_htm_files and the atlfcunet_web_files folders and maybe it has something to do with that?

I'll attach my file and would sure appreciate any help on this.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Default Re: Links in NavBar won't publish

Welcome to TalkGraphics

I am not sure what the problem is but if you have two folders on your server, index_htm_files and atlfcunet_web_files this is probably what is causing you grief.

You should only have one folder.

I would delete everything and republish the site. Name your site index.html and export. This will create one HTML page for each page in your site and a folder index_html_files. Your PDF file, images, scripts, style sheet and all the other stuff Web Designer creates will be put in that folder. All of your HTML pages will look in this folder for images, PDF files, etc.

Thanks for the advice. I'm heading home now, but will try to correct it from there. I'll reply tomorrow with the results.

I tried deleting the directory, re-exporting and publishing. I think I'm getting a better understanding of the file structure. All my edits come through great...except for the one section (loans) of my navbar. This is so perplexing. I think I'll delete the whole navbar and start it over.

Hello,

I just took the WEB file that you posted and opened it in Designer Pro and exported the website. From disk, all the links on the Loans menu take us to the "Loans page".

I took one of your Loans menu items and had it attempt to go somewhere else when clicking that item and it took me to the new location...

At this point, I thought it was a publishing problem, so uploaded the entire site to a subdirectory on my server. It worked fine from there... all Loans Menu links take us to the Loans page....

Is it perhaps a problem with Web Designer? (Designer Pro 6 seems to have done it correctly...)

James