Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Fix for XARA 3D 6 Problem with display after installing on Windows 7

I just purchased XARA 3D 6 and it kept giving me the following error "Xara 3d has failed and no image can correctly be displayed, etc. "
    This can be easily fixed by in Windows 7 by going to Control Panel > System & Security >
    change settings > on Data Execution Prevention Tab Select Turn on DEP for all programs and services except those I select. Click Add. Locate Xara 3D (x86 program file) and select it. Should add automatically to list. Click Apply, and confirm.
    Restart computer and enjoy.
    Best to all from Texas

Default Re: Fix for XARA 3D 6 Problem with display after installing on Windows 7

Thanks for that, Bill, and welcome to the forum.

Mike

Default Re: Fix for XARA 3D 6 Problem with display after installing on Windows 7

THANK YOU, BILL!! Just joined this forum today and posted my problems earlier.....I've been searching for an answer to this problem for hours! I would add for those who, like me, have Win 7 Pro ( I discovered) the 1st couple of steps are a tad different, Here's what worked for me

1 Right click on My Computer and select Properties
    2 Select Advanced and click on the settings button below the subheading 'Performance'
    3 Select the Data Execution Protection Tab
    4 Select the Add button
    5 Browse to the Xara 3D installation folder and double click on x3d.exe to add it to the list.
    btw, I didn't even have to restart....went straight to Xara and it popped right up ...beautiful!

So glad I joined this forum today!!
    Thanks again
    ladyluck487

Unhappy Re: Fix for XARA 3D 6 Problem with Explorer display after installing on Windows 7

Well, I did not have such luck. I am wondering if this is related to the 64 bit system I am running. I have really struggled with Xara display of images in Explorer since getting this computer. I did all the things listed exactly, and nothing. It is totally disabling not being able to see the images of the thousands of Xara files I have made over the last 12 years I think since I stated using xara....

does anyone know if there is a different solution to a 64 bit computer...?

Default Re: Fix for XARA 3D 6 Problem with Explorer display after installing on Windows 7

-------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...