Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Importing PDF and Text?

When I import a PDF document containing selectable text into WD6, it looks great, and I can edit the text perfectly, but when I export the document to HTML, all the text is converted to an image. Of course, this looks good, but it's not very practical when it comes to SEO and copying text from the webpage.

So my question is... is there a way to export to HTML and KEEP the text as text?

Default Re: Importing PDF and Text?

When you import text as PDF the text is nearly always only editable in just one line of text so therefor it would be difficult for the publish filter for .html to get it right. If you have another programme that reads PDF's, like Adobe Reader, use that and copy the text as one block.
    Design is thinking made visual.

Quote Originally Posted by Albacore View Post
    When you import text as PDF the text is nearly always only editable in just one line of text so therefor it would be difficult for the publish filter for .html to get it right. If you have another programme that reads PDF's, like Adobe Reader, use that and copy the text as one block.
    Sure, separate lines aren't exactly ideal in HTML, but they're definitely do-able. I'm far from a Xara software developer, so I don't claim to know the technical aspects of it. I guess there's a good reason for this and I'll have to just make do.

Welcome to TalkGraphics sizlah101

I am not sure if HTML Block Text would help but it might be worth a try. Look for the section for HTML Block Text on this page.

PDFs I've tried imported everything in clipped groups - you need to 'select all' and start un-clipping (alt+Q). This will create text HTML instead of an image (a clipped group will be an image)
    JOHN -XaReg (FB) XaReg (DB - ignore prompt to register)
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64