Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default differnt font szes in link text fouls up mouse over

Hi,
    I can fix this using graphics - although that causes another little problem in my current design - but I want to use text.

If I make the first letter of a text link a different point size from the rest, then the whole word fails to light up during a mouse over. If you're moused over the big letter, that lights up, and ditto for the smaller size letters. So a mouse over looks like this:

"un-moused over" = Home

"moused over" = Home or Home depending on where the mouse pointer is.

Default Re: differnt font szes in link text fouls up mouse over

It sounds like you are making things unnecessarily difficult. Keep the font the same size. If you need more emphasis, bold face the word. Or if for some reason you want the first letter of each word to spell out a word, then boldface the first letter but link the word.

At least this is what I would do.

Or ... you can group the text and put this code into Web Properties to get the text link
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	link.jpg 
Views:	97 
Size:	33.0 KB 
ID:	77784  
    Last edited by zaphodeist; 13 November 2010 at 05:37 PM. Reason: spilling mistook
    JOHN -XaReg (FB) XaReg (DB - ignore prompt to register)
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64

Hi guys,

First, thanks for jumping on this. However, I seem to have left out a few vital bits of info, and my example was misleading. Take 2...

I need to get a small caps effect; All letters in caps, just the first letter of each word bigger. It's a client thing, or I'd give it up.

* I changed the font size within one text element, so there was nothing to "group." That said, I tried putting the bigger letter in a separate element, and grouped them, but then there is no mouseover effect at all.

* I tried John's solution, but also no mouseover effect. I also tried it in a new file by itself just to eliminate all other variables, but no dice. (yes, I changed the site-wide mouse over color.)

If you come up with a work around, I'd appreciate it. For now, I'm going back to graphical nav, just to get it done.

Just FYI: In an earlier stab at this, I used 'create navigation bar' with standard txt & graphic, but it changed all the text in the other links to one size.

Feature request: nav bar creation with text only ;->

Is this what youre after?

create the text object, apply the name HTMLText to it. group it with a rectangle and make the rectangle fill color to be 'no color'

copy the group and paste it in place on the mouse over layer. Select both groups and apply a soft group.

beta_blankpage.xar

Yes, that's it. It looks and acts just like a text link, except that you get two images and a pile of code for each one. Ah well; it's always something... Thanks for fooling with it.
    --Mark