Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Video Gallery?

Default Video Gallery?

Hi all! I am trying to achieve a video gallery, where small thumbnails of each video are shown and by mouse click open up on the same page. (example see here: http://www.nasa.gov/multimedia/videogallery/index.html).

I have tried the lock popup layer tweak but the problem is it opens up each video on the same time and doesn't close any other previous opened popup, and the videos run simultaneously.

Thanks for your input!

Default Re: Video Gallery?

Advanced tweaks - you want #10
    JOHN -XaReg (FB) XaReg (DB - ignore prompt to register)
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64

The problem is that I don't need a close button.
    If there are 10 video thumbnails you simply want to click on one of the videos to show, without the need to close the current one showing.
    If there would be a way to trigger the "popup:close" on all thumbnails that would be great but It doesn't look like it can be done that way??

Perhaps I'm misunderstanding it, but I thought this part of the above link addressed your problem ...

"Any URL that begins with "popup:" is treated as a special command that can open and close multiple pop-up layers simultaneously. You have to list layer names in quotes. All layers following the "popup:" are opened. All layers following the "close" word are closed. All layers following the "open" word are opened. If there is a "close" word that is not followed by any layer name, it closes the layer on which this button is placed (see the simplified use).

Note: all layers listed in such links are automatically recognized as pop-ups. You don't have to link them the usual way to make them pop-ups as was necessary with the WD5 tweak.

Note: the pop-up layer names must only contain lower case letters to work correctly with this feature. This may be changed in the following updates.

Example: popup: "popup1", "popup2" close "popup3"
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64

Here's a companion tutorial that doesn't need close buttons. The text links can be thumbnails. Or an example just using iframes - taken from this original post
    Last edited by zaphodeist; 12 November 2010 at 01:04 AM.

Neodeist, Sledgers tutorial is exactly what I was after! Excellent stuff - thanks heaps!

Glad to help