Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Unhappy NEWSLETTER AND SENDBLASTER 2

I've designed and exported a Newsletter with Xara Web Desiner 6 and loaded the respective html file in SendBlaster 2and the thing does not work. The layout appears completely chaothic unless I export as slices (images)

Can somebody give a helping hand?

Thanks in advance.

Default Re: NEWSLETTER AND SENDBLASTER 2

Hi Emanuel.

What the heck is SendBlaster 2?

SENDBLASTER will not be able to import a xara .html and retain formating for the same reason that xara cannot be used to create email newletters in any other application, period. It is not a suitable application for this task. Xara is a wysiwyg layout-to-html program which uses divs and spans in absolute positions requiring the .css and .js files along with the images in the resource folder (index_html_files). HTML email programs need the .css to be in the head of actual html file, NOT a separate folder because all this has to be downloaded to the recipient's email client when they pick up your email.
    Last edited by zaphodeist; 11 November 2010 at 09:54 PM. Reason: grammar
    JOHN -XaReg (FB) XaReg (DB - ignore prompt to register)
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64

Quote Originally Posted by neodeist View Post
    xara cannot be used to create email newletters in any other application, period. It is not a suitable application for this task.
    I regularly use Xara to create graphically rich HTML email newsletters. It can be a little fiddly but it's a simple enough process. In fact I stopped using Dreamweaver and Photoshop for this task a long time ago quite simply because using Xara made it easier (for me anyway).

Quote Originally Posted by neodeist View Post
    HTML email programs need the .css to be in the head of actual html file, NOT a separate folder
    Not true actually. Your css can be on a remote server and the email client will download it just as it will download a remote image.
    If someone tried to make me dig my own grave I would say No.
    They're going to kill me anyway and I'd love to die the way I lived:
    Avoiding Manual Labour.

Hi Gary.
    SB is a program to send mails using large lists of email adresses.

Neodeit and Beretgascon, thank you guys for your feedback. I must investigate further in this case.